While not the same as the DPS role, it is important to know how you want to use your cooldowns and what kind of situations you can use them most efficiently. You aren’t necessarily going for the “get the most, efficient” uses out of your cooldowns like you might find for a DPS’s priority, but making sure you have the CDs when you need them.
- Palingenesi - Starting with the longest cooldown at 3 minutes, how you utilize Palingenesi can be important on a dungeon to dungeon basis. While running the Spiriti Sollevati trait assists with managing this CD, it does not net you a get out of jail free card.
- Palingenesi should generally be combo’d with an on use trinket, such as Antico Nodo della Saggezza, when using it to top the group, as it will significantly improve the cooldown’s output. Sometimes Palingenesi can be used in more clutch situations outside of group throughput, like being able to use it to dispel multiple people in the group. It’s important to be aware of what mob types you are fighting or boss encounters you are approaching in order to make sure you have Palingenesi up in order to utilize this mass dispel function to its full extent.
- Bozzolo di Vita - While rather weak as a tank external, Bozzolo di Vita still has its place as a tool to be used in the Mistweaver’s kit. This ability will place a large absorb on the target and incresae healing over time effects by 40% while the shield persists. You can often look to use Bozzolo di Vita on DPS that pull threat or get targeted by a lethal single target damage mechanic, such as Jagged Nettles or Severing Axe. It’s important to communicate with your tank if they are going to want Bozzolo di Vita for a certain pull or encounter, or have some previous experience knowing when they will want it so you can plan your use of this cooldown throughout a dungeon, although there may be some discretion to using it for panic moments.
- Tè della Concentrazione del Tuono - Sporting a 30 second cooldown, you will find yourself using this ability quite often, but it is important to understand how you are utilizing it. When used in tandem with the Tuono Concentrato talent, this ability packs a lot of value in its short cooldown. With the volatility that exists in dungeon content, you will often find yourself using both charges of your Tè della Concentrazione del Tuono in a medley of ways. If you need spot healing, Nebbia Avvolgente is your go-to. If you want to set up burst group healing for Vivificazione, utilizing the extended duration on Nebbia Curativa from this ability will get you there. If you are looking for a break on mana, empowered Vivifies are the solution. And if there’s nothing to heal and you want to help DPS, the shortened cooldown on Calcio del Sole Nascente does the trick.
The trash that you will end up doing for Rezan
can vary. During Potenziamento
weeks, groups will generally pull the first two packs on the left and utilize Brama di Sangue
here, then do Rezan
after. During Tirannia
weeks, some groups opt to not pull the left side at all, rushing to Rezan
and then doing a mix of Sauride Tossico
packs and Urlacieli Banchettante
s immediately after.
- One of the most important mobs to pay attention to in this pack is the Confessore Dazar'ai. This mob has some extremely important casts to interrupt with Manto di Bwonsamdi and Parola di Guarigione. Manto di Bwonsamdi, if not interrupted, will put an AoE bubble around enemies, which causes all affected enemies to be immune to crowd control effects. This immunity can make dealing with the rest of the mobs much more difficult and can often result in a wipe. Parola di Guarigione will heal a mob for 30% of its max HP, which can be extremely inconvenient, as these packs are often a race against the limited CC and interrupts present in your party.
- For the Sauride Tossico packs, make sure to not be stacked on top of your party, as their Falciata in Volo ability will cleave all targets within 3 yds. Have burst healing ready with Fonte dell'Essenza and Nebbia Curativas, and make sure to watch out for the Sauride Tossicos having a preference for a single party member. Utilize Calcio a Spazzata to allow yourself to catch up on healing, and let your party know if you’re going to use Circolo di Pace, as this will stop the mobs from finishing their leap, thus negating the damage. When pulling with Urlacieli Banchettantes, be sure the party has kicks ready for the Strillo Terrificante, otherwise you will probably get stomped down by the Saurids while feared. If there are no kicks available, you can try to line of sight the fear cast and Palingenesi your party’s fear debuffs off (Note: You can jump off out of line and use Trascendenza to get back up to line in this manner, depending on where you are fighting the Skyscreamers.)