The next PTR build includes some changes to Shadow Priest with the following goals:
Make Voidform Matter More
- Make Voidform matter more, make staying in Forma del Vuoto longer matter more, and give the player more agency over extending its duration
- Improve Shadow's defensive power and utility
Moving into Battle for Azeroth, we consciously reduced the maximum power of Voidforms, for the purpose of evening out Shadow's heavily backloaded Forma del Vuoto
cycle damage. This had some positive impacts, which many of you are aware of – mainly this greatly reduced the harsh penalty for dropping out of Forma del Vuoto
early – a common occurrence in any content outside of raids, including dungeons or questing. That said, we think we went a little too far with peeling power off of Forma del Vuoto
, which has resulted in Forma del Vuoto
not feeling impactful enough, and with not enough reason to work to extend it. We are easing this change back a bit:
- Forma del Vuoto increases spell damage by 20% (up from 10%)
- Insanity drain increase per second in Forma del Vuoto reduced by 15%
- Void Bolt Insanity generation increased by 25%
's damage reduction has been increased to 75% (up from 60%). We agree that because it comes with the penalty of not being able to cast spells, it deserves to be stronger. Additionally, it now increases movement speed by 50%.
A new talent Intangibility
(which was similar to and far less popular than Anima e Corpo
), and reduces Dispersione
's cooldown by 25% and causes it to heal you for 50% of your maximum health over its duration.Shadowform's Physical Damage ReductionForma d'Ombra
's 10% physical damage reduction was intended to feel like a bonus to Forma d'Ombra
, but instead felt like a penalty to Forma del Vuoto
, since you lose that defensive benefit going into Forma del Vuoto
We're replacing this bonus from Forma d'Ombra
with the Volontà Focalizzata
passive (which the other two Sacerdote
specs already have), causing melee abilities and attacks to reduce all damage taken by 15% for 8 sec.AllucinazioniAllucinazioni
(the PvP talent) is becoming a baseline passive, and allows your successful Dissoluzione Magica
, Dissoluzione di Massa
, Purificazione Malattia
, Abbraccio Vampirico
, and Parola del Potere: Scudo
casts to generate 6 Insanity (same amount per cast as your filler, Flagello Mentale
This give you more freedom to use your on-global cooldown utility buttons, especially in Forma del Vuoto
, without incurring as much damage loss, since Insanity is constantly draining.Other talent adjustments worth mentioning:
- Bomba Mentale and Urlo Psichico now take 40% longer to break from damage.
- Torrente del Vuoto generates 30 Insanity over its duration and deals 20% increased damage. Additionally, no longer requires Voidform to cast, so you can choose to use it on a priority damage target at any time.
- Pazzia Persistente fades every 3 sec instead of every 2 sec.
- Resa alla Pazzia cooldown reduced by 33% and penalty duration reduced by 50%.