Rygarius Having lured Grommash Hellscream’s former lieutenants with promises of untold power, Gul’dan has delivered the Iron Horde to the Burning Legion. Now, he floods the jungles of Tanaan with energies from the fallen pit lord Mannoroth, creating an army of fel orcs brimming with demonic strength and insatiable bloodlust. Even the Iron Horde’s mighty war machines have been infused with fel energy, while the Shadow Council recruits fanatical arakkoa to help crush all who oppose the Legion.
Whether Horde or Alliance, as commander of your side’s garrison in Draenor you must oversee the construction of warships to assault Tanaan and disrupt the Iron Horde’s frenzied preparations -- then stop Gul’dan before his fel masters can gain a foothold on Draenor. If you fail, there will be nothing left to prevent the Burning Legion’s obliteration of Azeroth.
Zone Unlocked: The Invasion of Tanaan Jungle
- Heroes of the Horde and the Alliance, return to Tanaan Jungle and stop Gul’dan's plan to drag the whole of Draenor into chaos while plotting to reopen the portal for a massive invasion of Azeroth. Embark on a new series of chapter-based quests putting everything you’ve learned on Draenor to the test.
- To begin preparations to assault Tanaan Jungle by land, you must first establish a Shipyard (available to characters with a level 3 Garrison). To begin your efforts, report to your Garrison and accept the “War Council” quest.
- Establish an outpost to be used as a forward base of operations in Tanaan.
- Open-world questing with rare creatures and hidden treasures scattered throughout the zone.
- Learn more about the new zone in Patch 6.2 Zone Preview: Tanaan Jungle.
New Garrison Feature: Shipyard and Naval Missions
Characters with a level 3 garrison can now construct a Shipyard to take the fight to the seas. Report to your Garrison and accept the “War Council” quest.
- Build ships in your Shipyard and dispatch them on new Naval Missions.
- More information will be added as development continues. (Link to Wowhead Preview of Shipyard)
New Raid: Hellfire Citadel
- Assault the Hellfire Citadel, mighty fortress of the Iron Horde, torn asunder by fel energies unleashed by Gul'dan, and stop the impending invasion of Azeroth!
- Hellfire Citadel stands at the heart of Giungla di Tanaan, where 13 deadly bosses await you, including Kilrogg Occhiotetro, the monstrous Gorefiend, a reanimated Mannoroth, and Archimonde himself.
- Keep an eye out for more information on testing dates and times! (Dungeon Journal Link for further reading on loot and boss abilities.)
New Dungeon Difficulty: Mythic
- Draenor Dungeons now have a new difficulty level designed to challenge even the most hardened adventurers with a befitting increase in reward. Mythic difficulty is geared towards players that enjoy tackling difficult content in smaller groups and is designed to provide an alternate progression path.
- Mythic Dungeons are on a weekly lockout, and drop gear that's item level 685 with a chance for boss at the end to drop loot that's item level 700.
- All Mythic dungeon bosses offer a chance to use a bonus roll using a Seal of Inevitable Fate (the new bonus roll currency).
- More information will be added as development continues.
- The Bonus Events system consists of a rotating schedule of seven different activities granting a passive bonus to a particular game activity, and offers a once-per-event quest with a noteworthy reward for accomplishing a related goal.
- The in-game calendar (located in the upper right-hand corner of the mini-map) will inform you of the type of Bonus Event and when it takes place. New info was added for 5 types of events.
- Timewalking will be available during select weekend holiday events and allows characters to queue up for a randomly selected old-school dungeon with a twist: your character’s power and gear scales down to the dungeon's level on Heroic difficulty. However, your character retains all of your skills and talents. Emerge victorious, and you will walk away with old loot that is scaled up to your character's level!
- Additional rewards for Timewalking are still in-testing, such as a level 100 quest that rewards a Seal of Tempered Fate per weekend.
- Learn more about this new feature in our blog: Patch 6.2 Preview – Timewalking.
- Over the coming weeks, Timewalking for the following dungeons will be available for testing on the PTR.
During The Burning Crusade Timewalking Bonus Event, the following dungeons are available for characters level 71 and up.
- Black Morass
- The Shattered Halls
- The Slave Pens
During Wrath of the Lich King Timewalking Bonus Event, the following dungeons are available for characters level 81 and up.
- While this Bonus Event is active, defeating enemies in any Draenor dungeon will award reputation with an appropriate faction. Completing two Mythic-difficulty Warlords dungeons as a part of a quest during the event (Emissario di guerra) awards a Heroic Hellfire Citadel Raid cache (Cassa del Tesoro della Flotta di Ferro).
- During the Battlegrounds Bonus Event, characters will earn triple Honor points from random Battlegrounds (Sigillo dei Campi di Battaglia). Completing the event quest by winning a few random Battlegrounds awards 500 Conquest Points, which do not count toward the weekly Conquest cap.
- Characters will earn triple Honor points from random Arena Skirmish matches during this event (Sigillo delle Schermaglie). A quest to win several random Arena Skirmish matches will award 500 Conquest Points, which do not count toward the weekly Conquest cap.
- Characters will gain triple the amount from eligible creatures during this Bonus Event (Sigillo degli Apexis). Completing three area assault objectives during the event (Tempo di colpire) awards a sizable amount of Petrolio to fuel new Naval Missions as a part of the Shipyard.
- During Pet Battle Bonus Events, you’ll be able to take your pets out for a little exercise and earn triple pet experience from battles. Winning five PvP Pet Battles as a part of a quest during the event awards the player with an Pietra Evolutiva Definitiva that instantly levels a pet to 25.
- An evolution of the Dungeon Journal, the Adventure Guide provides a wealth of information on what to see or do for the character.
- More information will be added as development continues.
Legendary Ring Quest Line General Changes
Garrisons, Followers, and Outposts
- Chroniclers in the Garrison now allow players that have completed Un lavoro da infiltrati to watch the cinematic again.
- New Garrison Building: Shipyard
See also: Shipyard
- Mineral nodes should now only be displayed on the mini-map when a character is inside the mine. Characters with Track Minerals active will continue to see mineral nodes from outside the Mine.
Creatures and NPCs
World Environment and Events
- New Darkmoon Elixirs: A new set of Darkmoon elixirs can be purchased for one Buono di Lunacupa from the Draughts and Tinctures vendor, Faldar Willowshade at the refreshments table.
- Darkmoon Fishing: The elusive Zannacuta di Lunacupa can now be caught off of the shores of Isola di Lunacupa. Return them to Galissa Sundew at the docks for a variety of prizes.
- New Achievement: Whack-a-gnoll has a new achievement that awards a battle pet, Boccastretta.
Raids and Dungeons
- Players may now queue up in Dungeon Finder while engaged in PvP combat.
Personal LootPersonal Loot Mode Improvements
- Increased overall drop rates on Personal Loot mode and defeating a boss now awards a fixed number of items based on eligible group size.
Example: For a party of five players, Dungeon bosses are now guaranteed to drop at least 1 item with a chance for 2 items to drop. The final boss of the Dungeon will now drop 2 items with a chance for 3 items to drop.
The raid or party now sees when someone in the group wins an item on Personal Loot.
The last Dungeon boss on non-Personal Loot mode received an adjustment and now drops 2 items (down from 3 items).
Learn more about Personal Loot mode improvements and other changes to itemization in the blog: Dev Watercooler – Itemization in 6.2.
- A brand new raid, the Hellfire Citadel awaits you with 13 new bosses. More information about the new raid can be found under New Raid: Hellfire Citadel.
Bonus Roll Changes
Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry Changes
New Dunegon Feature: Timewalking
- New Dungeon Difficulty: Mythic
See also: New Dungeon Difficulty: Mythic
- Completing a Challenge Mode daily quest now awards item level 680 gear (up from item level 660).
- Forziere Arrugginito dello Sfidante obtained before Patch 6.2 will all become rusted. Rusted strongboxes can no longer be opened and may be sold to a vendor for 50 gold.
- Level 100 characters engaging in PvP combat now have the following gear changes.
All gear between item levels 560 and 690 will now scale up to 690 in PvP combat.
- Non-PvP gear above item level 715 will scale down to 715 in PvP combat.
- PvP gear above item level 715 will not be capped in PvP combat.
- New Area: Ashran Excavation and New Event: Apexis Marks
At certain times, spirits of fallen Arakkoa haunt the Ashran Excavation. Defeat them and bring proof of their demise to Rukmaz, the ghostly caretaker of the Apexis vault. First team to show Rulmaz 50 marks wins.
New Weekly Quest: Ashran Dominance
- Winning an event now awards Honor instead of Conquest.
- Defeating Grand Marshal Tremblade or High Warlord Volrath no longer awards a Gleaming Ashmaul Strongbox.
- New Weekly Quest: Slay them All!
Defeat 200 enemy players. Awards Conquest.
New Repeatable Quest: Continue the Dominance
- Win 5 events in Ashran and defeat the enemy faction leader. Awards Conquest and a Gleaming Ashmaul Strongbox.
General Ashran Changes
- Win 5 events in Ashran and defeat the enemy faction leader. Awards Conquest.
- Players are now automatically placed in a raid when entering Ashran.
- Events now occur more frequently.
- Event: Collect Empowered Ore now requires 20 ore to win (up from 10).
- Event: Risen Spirits now requires 20 captured spirits to win (up from 10).
- Event: Stadium Racing now requires 5 laps to win the race (up from 3) and the maximum speed a racer can reach is 300% (down from 500%).
Battlegrounds and Arenas
Developer Note: In response to community feedback, we're making the following changes to have capture points turn over more frequently.
- Capturing a point in the following Battlegrounds now takes 6 seconds (down from 7 seconds).
- The Battle for Gilneas
- Deepwind Gorge
- Rated Eye of the Storm
Picking up a flag in Rated Eye of the Storm now takes 6 seconds (down from 7 seconds).
- Break out your traps and Safari Hat, new wild pets have been spotted in Giungla di Tanaan and a few other places! (Lucciola Violacea, Granchio di Palude, Falena Cerulea, Beccosanguigno)
- Fel-corrupted legendary pets have been spotted in Tanaan Jungle! (Terra Profanata, Skrillix, Pugnofatuo, Passotetro, Vilsangue di Draenor, Cupoartiglio, Scrutatore Oscuro, Gracchiapantano, Fiammatruce, Mazzachela Corrotto, Villucciola, Spirito Maledetto, Cucciolo del Caos, Codatonante Corrotto, Sentinella Vilfedele) Each pet can be defeated once per day for a bag of Provviste delle Mascotte Viltoccate, which can contain pet charms, Battle-Training stones to increase a battle pet's level (Pietra Evolutiva Viltoccata), and even rare pets. (Campana dell'Incubo, Cucciolo di Pervinca, Spora Marina, Spora di Zangar)
- Expert Pet Trappers Giada Granguinzaglio and Tiffy Tenditrappole have shown up at the Menagerie with a variety of pets and toys for sale for Talismano delle Mascotte Scintillantes.
Upgrade Item Consolidation
- New Ranks for Warlords Crafted Items
Two new ranks of upgrades have been added to Warlords Crafted items, "Mighty" for rank 5 at item level 700, and "Savage" for rank 6 at item level 715.
- Crafting the new upgrade items requires Felblight, a new reagent that can be obtained from Fishing, Herbalism, Mining, or Skinning in Tanaan Jungle.
- The new recipes can be purchased from visiting Garrison traders.
- “Greater” rank 3 and “Powerful” rank 4 upgrade items have been consolidated together. A rank 2 upgrade item can now be used to upgrade a Warlords Crafted item to rank 4.
For example, Essenza Bruciata Instabile can now upgrade a rank 1 leatherworking item to rank 2, a rank 2 item to rank 3, or a rank 3 item to rank 4.
Rank 3 and 4 upgrade items can no longer be crafted and existing items have become unstable. These unstable items can be used to create the appropriate rank 2 upgrade item and refund the materials used to craft it. Warlords Crafting Material Changes
A number of recipes that use crafting materials created through a daily cooldown now requires less materials.Faster Profession leveling
- Many level-up crafting recipes that do not require materials created through a daily cooldown have been adjusted to give more skill points.
- New recipes for mass milling of Draenor herbs have been added, allowing 20 herbs to be milled at once.
- Apexis Crystals no longer have a cap.
- The first four tiers of Apexis gear (Crystal, Exceptional, Flawless, and Ethereal) no longer costs Apexis Crystals and can now be purchased with gold.
General Item Changes
- New zoning laws prevent the placement of temporary tents created via Leatherworking in capital cities.
- Granspada dell'Ammiraglio Taylor is now eligible for transmogrification. If the item has been misplaced, the sword can be repurchased in-game. There is also a Horde equivalent in a different color that could be found somewhere in the Jungles of Tanaan as a treasure.
- "Nitroglicerina" di Brillabotti no longer triggers its effect in combat.
- Spore Funeste now reduces healing taken by 50% (down from 90%).
- Bomba di Brillantini Superappiccicosi's effect can now be dispelled and lasts for 15 seconds (down from 30 seconds).
- Scholomance: Defeating Instructor Chillheart too quickly should no longer cause ice barriers on the stairs to continue to deal damage after the encounter.
- Scudo Antimagia now absorbs 100% of all magical damage (up from 75%). However, damage absorbed no longer causes .
- now deals 8% less damage.
- Mastery: Total Eclipse has reduced in effectiveness by 5%.
- Forma d'Orso now increases armor by 285% (up from 250%) for Guardian Druids.
- no longer cancels Forma d'Orso for Guardian Druids.
- now also reduces physical damage taken by 25%.
- Sogno di Cenarius' effect can now be stored for up to 40 seconds (up from 20 seconds) for Guardian Druids.
- 's summoned Treant now deals 100% more damage.
- Guardiano di Elune (Guardian) now also passively increases the Druido's change to dodge by 10%.
- Glyph of Untamed Stars is now automatically learned at level 75.
- has increased in effectiveness by 19%.
- now deals 15% less damage.
- Morso del Serpente no longer deals an initial "tick" of damage when the periodic effect is first applied.
- Stormo di Corvi now deals only 80% of normal damage against player-controlled targets.
- Sbarramento now deals only 80% of normal damage against player-controlled targets. Additionally, the ability no longer hits invisible or stealthed targets.
- has reduced in effectiveness by 6%.
- Missili Arcani now deals 10% more damage.
- now absorbs up to a maximum of 20% damage from each attack (down from 30%).
- is now also attackable by the Mago's pets or guardians.
- Calcio dell'Oscuramento now deals 5% less damage.
- Istigazione now has a 30 yard range (down from 40 yards).
- Calcio del Sole Nascente (Windwalker, Mistweaver) now deals 5% less damage.
- now deals 5% less damage.
- no longer triggers from multistrikes, but now provides a 40% increase to Multistrike chance while active.
- Mastery: has reduced in effectiveness by 6%.
- now deals 12% less damage.
- no longer applies its visual effect to the Sacerdote's mount.
- New items have been added to pickpocket from humanoids in Giungla di Tanaan.
- Added a new weekly quest, Da Even Bigga Score.
- Monete di Ferro now have a cap of 20,000 (up from 10,000).
- Fischietto Segreto now has a 15 minute cooldown (down from 1 hour).
- Updated tooltip descriptions for pickpocketed items of value to help distinguish them from other items.
- Mastery: Maestria: Carnefice has increased in effectiveness by 10%.
- Furia Omicida now only grants immunity to root and snare effects and the effect is now cancelled if the Ladro is affected by other crowd-control effects.
- Lancio dello Shuriken now deals 53% more autoattack damage. Additionally, fixed a bug that caused hits made with offhand weapons to deal 15% more damage than intended.
- now increases multistrike damage by 20% (down from 35%).
- Eruzione di Lava now lasts for 10 seconds (up from 6 seconds).
- PvP 2-piece set bonus (Item - Shaman WoD PvP Elemental 4P Bonus) for Elemental Shaman is now the PvP 4-piece set bonus and has been replaced. New PvP 2-piece set bonus: Reduces the cooldown of Hex by 15 seconds.
- PvP 4-piece set bonus for Elemental Shaman (Item - Shaman WoD PvP Elemental 2P Bonus) has been replaced by the old PvP 2-piece set bonus. While Ascendance is active, the Shaman is immune to silence and interrupt effects.
- Corruzione now deals 12% more damage.
- should now have its cooldown reset at the end of a raid encounter for all Stregone specializations.
- Dardo d'Ombra now deals 25% less damage.
- PvP 2-piece set bonus for Destruction Warlocks (Item - Warlock WoD PvP Destruction 2P Bonus) has been redesigned. Getting stunned, silenced, interrupted, or feared now generates 1 Burning Ember. Can only occur once every 15 seconds.
- PvP 4-piece set bonus for Destruction Warlocks (Item - Warlock WoD PvP Destruction 4P Bonus) has been redesigned. It now causes Incinerate to deal 50%
25% more damage on targets affected by the Warlock's Immolate.
- now also decreases damage taken by 5%.
- (Protection): now also increases the Warrior's Mastery by 30% while active.