Dear Goblins of /r/WoWeconomy,
I was interested to know what your routines are when it comes to gold making. I know a lot of you guys have full time jobs, however you still continue to maximise your gold making potential, regardless of how long you get to play. I'm a newish goblin, currently sitting on around 130k gold, and around 500k with of LiV on the AH. I did have a large amount more, however I did want to buy some carries to help gear up for those harder mage towers, such as the Guardian Druid etc. I have all classes to 110, so I can do basically all farms to their best potential, however I do still try to maximise my play time, as I do usually have around 3-4 hours to play once I am home from work, and longer over the weekend, unless I have plans IRL, which I do alot.
My current routine is as followed:
- When I first log on, I check my bank alt and check my mail box. I do then tend to check if any of my better items have been undercut. I currently have some rare patterns, and a battered hilt for example on the AH so I tend to check for undercuts there.
- Once I am done with my bank alt, I have been starting to build up my transmog items, and have started doing farms such as Zul'Farrak to so.
- Once my 10 instance timers are reset, I usually want to go elsewhere, such as an open world farm, or Shadow Labs to do the semi afk Monk farm, as you get an extra instance for each dungeon (Not sure if this is the case for all, but I do use Shadow Labs myself). This helps me relax for around an hour, before I go back to Zul'Farrak. (I am currently looking to expand into newer dungeons/farms once I get a few of those nicer items that I can sit on for a while)
- Once I have done a fair bit of gold making for the day, I usually try and fit in an hour of PvP (Which I currently enjoy the most) or PvE (For when it comes to gearing up for mage towers).
- Finally, once I have had an hour or two doing my PvP/PvE, I usually repeat step one, and check my bank alt again, and send over my cheaper materials, or storage materials to another bank alt, so I can keep my better items in my main guild bank.
I know a lot of newer goblins are browsing this Subreddit, however they don't really know where to start. From my experience, I have tried a good few instances that I enjoy, and so far I enjoy Zul'Farrak, Uldaman, Shadow Labs (Monk farm), and some Nagrand Fur farm when I have something to do IRL.
I hope to spark some discussion on how you spread out your time playing, and I hope some of the newer goblins can discuss how they are getting to started.