nel tuo browser.
WoW Economy Weekly Wrap-Up - 102nd Edition - Useful Addons for Goldmaking
08/12/2019 alle 13:08
WoW Economy Weekly Wrap-Up
Hello! Welcome to the 102nd edition of the WoW Economy Weekly Wrap-up!
My name is
and I am a content creator focusing on making gold using Professions and
. I have a number of guides over on
and I also stream my adventures on
. If you want to see previous articles, they are all archived
here on wowhead.com
Choosing a Server
I was asked this week my thoughts on how to choose a server for making gold. I thought it would be a good topic to share here on the blog. Remember, a server for gold making doesn't necessarily need to be the one you play your main on. Diversity is key here and there is no harm in trying different markets.
When it comes to choosing a server, there would be several factors I'd consider. Firstly, population, second market and thirdly activity. Population ties in with your preferred posting frequency and gametime style. If you prefer to post less frequently, lower population realms usually command higher prices and you have less competition, but the number of sales is less. If you can pop on the Auction House multiple times a day, then a higher population server may be better as you can keep up with faster moving markets and trade in volume over price.
The second consideration is market, what kind of things will you be selling? Is it raw mats or crafted goods? Will you be looking to pick up deals and sell on at a higher price? Once you have an idea, take a look at the mats and/or items associated with your choice and check them on
The key here is to build up a potential picture of trends. Pick any server to start with and then look at the scatter graph comparing it with other realms, especially those of a similar size. Then look at the quantity/price snapshot and see if you can pick out trends in markets being reset or flooded and see if the current figure is accurate.
Once you've picked a few items, you will start to get a picture of variations. Try a few different servers around you intended population bracket. Look at what feeds into them, e.g Tidespray Linen price and price of Enchants, Herbs and Alchemy. Look for consistencies as well as spikes.
Then to get a greater picture, look at
for faction split (important for PVP gear which is faction specific) and general level of players. Look at
for PvE/PvP activity. Are there any big raiding guilds? If you are looking at the US side of
, you can look at specific players that might be heavy sellers, EU players can use
The main thing is to see what might look interesting and then try it out. Make a character on that server and test your market. If it suits your playstyle, then great! If not, try a different server, they all have their niches.
There was an interesting post on
asking about what gold making addons people used. I thought this would be a good opportunity to compile a few that would be useful to many.
Auction House Addons
- We have a number of choices when it comes to posting and buying auctions as well as understanding market data.
- This Auction House suite is quite extensive and useful tools for getting started into gold making. It's very beginner friendly, but has the disadvantage of scans of the AH take a long time to complete.
- This still requires scanning, but is much faster than Auctioneer. It is a great tool for quickly posting and buying items. The new 8.3 Auction House will cover much of this area.
Trade Skill Master
- The one that does it all. Data is stored through the app, so no scans. Requires free signup and a separate app. Has a steep learning curve and can be daunting on first try. Once setup however, this addon completely streamlines the gold making process.
The Undermine Journal
- This addon provides market data from
site directly in the tooltip. This would be particularly useful to anyone looking to use the AH in 8.3 and would like to see market data before posting/buying.
- A great addon for putting all gatherable herbs, ore and treasure chests on the main map. It will either mark them as you find them or you can import the data to pull in a database of them all.
- Used in conjunction with Gathermate, this addon can calculate an efficient route for you to follow.
WTBGold has a video
on setting this up.
- Another layer to the above two addons which displays the nodes in a heads up display.
- This lovely addon tracks everything you loot and matches it against AH database data to give you a potential value to decide what to sell. The author
even streams on Twitch and many streamers do LootAppraiser challenges you can join in on.
- Is a little tooltip utility addon that tracks how many times you have killed a npc.
- A new addon useful for checking prices of farms and flips before you commit. Requires TSM to work. Covered recently by
- The goto bag addon that many use, it condenses all the bags into one which makes it easy to organise.
- For those like myself, who don't organise our bags neatly, this addon does it for you by categorising by type. There is also a
that can split by your TSM groups.
- This little addon is fantastic for organising your personal Guild Bank. I will sort a tab neatly, organized by item and is great for cleaning up messy depositors like myself. A great alternative is
- Another great bag alternative like Adibags with the ability to separate into categories.
- A handy addition to the standard vendor buy options allowing you to buy more than a stack size as well as the maximum you can afford (careful with that one). An alternative (without the max option) is
- Anyone doing large amounts of scrapping will find this useful as it will automatically fill your scrapper up and you can scrap in chunks of 9. Genius gold maker extraordinaire
has also written
that also tracks your scrapping data.
- A very handy utility if you don't use TSM Destroy or a macro. Written by the talented Kruithne of
- TSM has the till sound integrated for when you make a sale on the Auction House. If you don't use TSM or it's broken, this will do it instead. Really satisfying to hear it ping!
- If you don't use TSM Mailing, Postal is a standalone alternative that makes it easy to send mail to alts.
Garrison Mission Manager
- This works for Legion, WoD and BfA Mission tables. It is a simple percentage and auto assignment addon for mission tables. Saves a ton of time.
World Quest Tracker
- This is useful for displaying World Quests on the map itself for picking out which rewards are given and gauging where to go for those closest.
World Quest Lists
- I personally like to use this one for easily choosing which World Quests to go for from a list on the right and ordering by reward type. Makes it easy to pick up gold quests.
- One that I rarely use myself these days but has a bunch of different modules. Great for tracking rares.
- Great if you don't have the bigger AH addons which already incorporate this. Handy when deciding what to get rid of when your bags are full.
- With all this talk of addons, the mini-map bar can quickly get cluttered, so this utility helps clean them into pop-out buttons.
- A useful addon for helping you find transmog sets you don't have. Helpful when deciding to vendor, sell or use. Another useful one is
Can I Mog It?
for checking over your entire account of characters.
- A useful addon for finding and buying recipes, transmog, pets and mounts you don't already own. This kind of functionality is what the new AH in 8.3 will bring.
All The Things
- This is a fantastic addon if you are into collecting everything in the game. Works with Auctionator for buying what you are missing on the AH. Written by
I've not included more specialist addons like those used with levelling pets, but there is a great list over
in the Reddit post
Gold Tracker Spreadsheet
has created a
for tracking your gold if you are aiming for the Brutosaur Mount. It has a conservative release date of July, so don't panic if you are not making the gold required, but a great target nonetheless.
Classic Gold Making
The Lazy Goldmaker
a great podcast
this week going through his review of gold making in Classic. He has recently hit 60 and was able to buy his Epic Mount straight away. Well worth a listen!
Taliesin Case Study: Let's make gold beautiful!
Evitel & Taliesin
fame has recently started his journey into gold making and I thought it would make a great case study to see how he approaches it and how others may learn from following the techniques. He has a specific goal in mind, that of many and that's to purchase the Brutosaur mount before it goes extinct.
Let's start by taking stock of where he is at. He already has about 1.5 million gold through playing passively which is a great start. It means his daily target is a reasonable 12k gold a day. He plays on Argent Dawn, an RP server so there may be possibilities for niche markets. I'm loathe to suggest transmog at this stage as a lot of people think this on RP servers and flood the market.
He has a multitude of alts at his disposal and a good number of hours playtime, so is in a very strong position to leverage previous work. He also has alts on both factions, so there may be some good opportunities selling PVP gear which is faction specific (although Argent Dawn
is 71% Alliance
). The investment here would be quite high because he would need a Leatherworker, Tailor and Blacksmith on each faction and then the
Marks of Honor
to buy the Rank 2 and 3 recipes. This is entirely doable and would be great prep for 8.3 and the new
due in 8.3.
The key question here is what he finds fun?
It's the most important decision when gold making. Pets are a no-go and he has mentioned he doesn't like the linear nature of running old dungeons. He does enjoy a bit of farming (both 2x4 and solo) as well as professions. This is what he is currently doing and is off to a fantastic start. His routine so far is to go farm some
solo with a target of at least 100. That has a current value of
but he is saving it for Alchemy. He has Alchemy at max on one character with the
Silas Sphere of Transmutation
which is essential in making pots at a profit. Only craft when you have the
and you can cut your mat price by 60%. He also has a few other Alchemists who are using their daily cooldown to create
bags of Anchors
. If you would like to get started with Alchemy yourself, I have a
video series on setting up Alchemy here
has provided him with
a nice 2x4 farming spot
which has been good for getting reasonable quantities of
as well as a bit of
Deep Sea Satin
and a small chance for
a mount drop
. You may wander why 2x4? This is because 5 people can tag any one mob and still loot and 2 groups of 4 means everyone can loot so long as both groups tag a mob.
explains the technique
The reason for collecting all this cloth apart from the enjoyable nature of doing it on stream is in order to turn the cloth into something else through crafting. We call this the
. In this case, he is making
Tidespray Linen Bracers
and Disenchanting the blues to create Enchanting mats to either sell directly or turn into Enchants to sell. Then the green ones are being scrapped to make
and then that Expulsom is used to craft
Honorable Satin Bracers
which have a guaranteed chance of at least 1
. It's important for the Enchanter to have
Iwen's Enchanting Rod
because this vastly increases the quality of mats returned.
This is a great use of the mats he is farming and should work well once his Enchanter has all the current Rank 3 Recipes. However, making Honorable Satin Bracers is one of the most costly bracers to make with prices of Deep Sea Satin being so high on Argent Dawn. That material might be better put to use in Bags or Notorious gear or saved for the new Uncanny gear in 8.3. I would suggest a mix of all 3.
In order to make more efficient use of his time and materials, ideally he needs another profession and that's Leatherworking. The price of Coarse Leather and Shimmerscale is much cheaper on his server (it's usually this way due to the ease of which it can be farmed). With a Leatherworker, he can make Mail and Leather versions of either Honorable, Sinister or Notorious Bracers, whichever is cheapest. Once he can do this, then he has entered the realms of the Bracer Super Shuffle! I have a
on this with an accompanying
The Bracer Shuffle is a great way to maximise efficiency, but please be warned - it involes a LOT of disenchanting and scrapping! If you are not prepared to do this, then I would seriously consider other methods.
I've also talked about prices of materials as if he is buying them on the Auction House even though he is farming most of them. The reason for this is because time still has a value, so even farming doesn't make the mats free. Those mats could be better sold directly or used elsewhere, so market value is always important.
All in all, Taliesin is off to a fantastic start using a combination of farming and professions. If you want to follow his progress, be sure to watch his
where there are many helpful viewers and gold makers guiding him including
Most of this information was discussed and originally posted on the
subreddit or in the accompanying
. You can also catch me streaming live on
on Sunday from around 7PM GMT UK Time (2pm Eastern Time) for the WoW Economy Weekly Wrap-up live on Wowhead.com, or you can tweet your feedback/thoughts via Twitter at
I hope you found this useful and If you have any suggestions or feedback, please do say so in the comments below..
Until next time, Happy Goldmaking!
Ottenere Wowhead Premium
Per soli $1 al mese o
per sostenere il sito, ottenere una esperienza senza pubblicità, e ottenere funzioni premium!
[Show 0 Comments]
[Hide 0 Comments]
Accedi per Pubblicare un Commento
Scrivi un commento
Non hai effettuato l'accesso.
registra un account
per aggiungere il tuo commento.