Power Infusion and other externals have been a hot topic for some time now! Warcraft Logs has been polling the community, gathering feedback, and discussing potential solutions for Dragonflight.Season 4
Due to the short duration and experimental nature
of Season 4, we thought it would be a good time to test one of the popular options, capping externals
. Note that this is a test, and we are still weighing other options for externals━ nothing is cemented for Dragonflight yet!
External Cap Rules
The following external cap rules will be applied to rankings. Any parses that break these restrictions will not be ranked.
Only the player who breaks the cap will have their parse invalidated━ the guild rankings, and other players in the report, will not be affected.
- Power Infusion, Blessing of Autumn, Benevolent Faeries, and Kindred Empowerment will be capped. This cap is based on the spells' cooldowns. These restrictions will take cooldown reductions such as conduits, or Mikanikos, into account.
- The number of externals received cannot exceed the number of which could be given to one individual by one partner. However, you may receive each buff from more than one player, so long as the number of buffs you receive remains under the cap.
For example: If a priest were to die midway through the fight, and another priest instead gives you Power Infusion, the cap will not trigger and your rank will not be invalidated (so long as it doesn't give more PI uptime than a single priest could provide).
- Each cap is independent. You can receive all 4 buffs as long as you remain under the cap for each individual buff.
- These caps have some safety functions built in to prevent accidental invalidations from intentional trolling.
- Only external buffs received from other players count towards the cap.
For example: If you are a Shadow Priest and use your PI on yourself, you will not be disqualified when receiving PI from another priest.
As was mentioned above, we are still working to make the right decisions regarding externals in Dragonflight. The community has helped immensely with this by giving us feedback! If you would like to be involved in the discussion, join us on Discord
and be sure to keep an eye out for on-site polls.Contact Us
As always, we love to hear your feedback. Please join us on Discord
to share any feedback and suggestions, or to ask any questions.
Follow our Twitter
If you have any support questions, please reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.