A new content update for World of Warcraft is now being deployed to our Public Test Realms – Visions of N’Zoth.Spoilers ahead!!
The Old God N’Zoth has risen from the depths to threaten Azeroth. Working alongside Magni, Wrathion, and other luminaries, players will attempt to empower Azeroth with defenses originally built by the titans. In return, the Old God attempts to corrupt the very minds of the player-characters with Visions of N’Zoth, a new, repeatable type of content where players explore a twisted reflection of a defeated future Azeroth.This major update includes a number of new features, changes to existing systems, and other improvements that you can join us in testing.Now Available for Testing
- New world and questing content
- New instanced content: Visions of N’Zoth
Horrific Visions in Stormwind and Orgrimmar
- Lesser Visions in Uldum and Vale of Eternal Blossoms
- Titan Research Tree (early iteration, with more to come in a later PTR update)
- Legendary Cloak
Heritage Armor quests – Goblins and Worgen
Heroic difficulty Darkshore Warfront
Heart of Azeroth
- New Essences
- Additional Minor slot
- Two additional Stamina nodes
- Maximum level increased to 85 (was 70)
- Additional infinite progression slot to aid you against N’Zoth’s corruption at max level (coming in a later PTR update)
PvP – “Servant of N’Zoth” event for Slayers who become bounty hunted Auction House major revamp Classes and Essences updates
In order to test much of the above, please look for “Heartzertauren” vendors in Orgrimmar, Stormwind, and the Chamber of Heart. Testers will need to purchase the Legendary Cloak and Coalescing Visions from them in order to access Horrific Visions. These vendors will also provide the first examples of Corrupted Items and Essences.Coming Soon in this Update
- New Allied Races – Mechagnomes and Vulpera
- New Raid – Ny’alotha
- New Story Quests: Rise of N’Zoth
- Season 4 PvP and Mythic Keystone Dungeon updates
Operation: Mechagon has been divided into two wings, each with Heroic and Mythic Keystone difficulties
New Battle Pets and Pet Battle Dungeon – Blackrock Depths
Darkmoon Arcade – Play your favorite mini-games at the Darkmoon Faire
PvP – Deepwind Gorge re-imagined/updated to be a capture point map
- New PvP catch-up gear for all crafting Professions
- New upgrade level for Alchemy Stone, Jewelcrafting rings, and Engineering googles.
- New Ny’alotha Vantus Runes.
For a first look at some of the above features, check out this new development update video from Game Director Ion Hazzikostas:Get into the PTR!
The PTR is now available. To log in to the PTR, simply create a PTR account and copy the character you wish to test from your account. Step-by-step directions can be found here
.Note: World of Warcraft PTR realms are only available to players who have a full World of Warcraft account.