I wanted to stop by to talk about the upcoming Resto Shaman set changes. Here’s what we’ll be testing out in the next PTR build.
- New text: “Your critical healing increases the critical chance of your next Chain Heal by 2%, stacking up to 50 times.”
- This includes periodic healing and any totem healing, so it should stack up pretty quickly from Healing Rain and Riptide ticks as well as any other healing you’re doing.
- This is intended to push you to really want to cast Chain Heal every now and then, but otherwise not feel like you need to spam Chain Heal to get value out of it. It should have more of an ebb and flow feeling than the previous 2-piece.
- New text: “Your Chain Heal critical hits reduce the remaining cooldown of one of your totems by 2 sec. Your Healing Stream Totem, Healing Tide Totem, Mana Tide Totem, and Spirit Link Totem now also cast Chain Heal when you drop them.”
- Any totem that’s on cooldown is currently a valid choice for the cooldown reduction effect. This lets you control where the value from this is going by using your totems strategically. We’ll be keen to hear whether this is a fun way to finesse your gameplay, or unwanted pressure against using your totems.
- The Chain Heal is currently cast by you, not by the totem, but the intent is for the visual to end up shooting from the totem. That won’t be in this week.