Patch 5.2 The Thunder King is now available for testing on the Public Test Realms
! By logging in you can help us test a massive new raid dungeon, a multi-faceted new quest hub, Pet Battle improvements, new world bosses, significant class balance changes, brand new pets and mounts, assorted bug fixes, and more. If you'd like to help test and provide feedback, you can start by copying your character
and downloading the PTR client
. Once you've had a chance to try things out, be sure to visit our PTR Discussion forum
to discuss the patch, and the PTR Bug Report forum
to report any issues or errors.
Please keep in mind that the below notes are not final, and a great deal could change before the final patch 5.2 release.World of Warcraft PTR Patch 5.2
New Raid: Throne of Thunder
New Daily Quest Hub: The Isle of the Thunder King.
Here players can join the assault to conquer Emperor Lei Shen's island stronghold, unlock new questlines and daily quest hubs, participate in special events, earn the right to visit the fabled Treasure Room, lay claim an arsenal of powerful Mogu artifacts for their faction, and more.
- Each faction's finest are spearheading the assault: the Kirin-Tor Offensive led by Jaina Proudmoore and the Sunreaver Onslaught led by Lor'themar Theron. Earning reputation with these new factions offers heroes the opportunity to receive new quests and reputation rewards, including powerful items and an intimidating new mount.
- After both the Alliance and the Horde have eked out a foothold on the isle, players can choose to perform quests that are PvE or PvP focused. PvP quests will direct players against opposing faction NPCs, but slaying opposing players will grant credit as well.
- As the heroes conquer the Isle, they will unlock the powerful Lightning Forge, which will allow Blacksmiths to forge mighty raid-worthy items, as well as classic weapons from the past.
- Players on the PTR can teleport to the Isle of the Thunder King at their faction shrines in the Vallata dell'Eterna Primavera. While the Isle of the Thunder King will be unlocked progressively by each realm based on participation in the war effort, initially only some of the Isle’s features will be unlocked. Future updates will include the Shipyard and the Main Courtyard. Some features, including the Treasure Room, will not yet be available.
The Legendary Quest Continues:
- Emperor Lei Shen, the Thunder King, has returned to wreak his vengeance on Pandaria. It falls to the heroes of the Alliance and the Horde to stop the newly resurrected tyrant and his Zandalari allies in the massive new raid: Throne of Thunder.
- Throne of Thunder is a sprawling citadel housing 12 new raid encounters, and players that defeat Emperor Lei Shen in Heroic mode can earn the opportunity to face an additional 13th foe.
- The Raid Finder version of the Throne of Thunder will be divided into 4 different wings.
- Join the Shado-Pan Assault in their singular drive to see Lei Shen, The Thunder King defeated once and for all, and gain access to impressive Valor reward items. Reputation with this faction can be earned only within the Throne of Thunder raid dungeon.
- Please note: During the 5.2 PTR, this raid dungeon will only be available during a limited testing window. Keep an eye on our PTR Discussion Forum for details.
New World Bosses: Nalak, the Storm Lord and Oondasta
- Wrathion must know the origin and source of Mogu power, and Azeroth's mightiest heroes will aid the Black Prince in finding out what it is. The search for information will take players into the depths of the Thunder King's Palace, and pit them against trials of perseverence and skill. Along the way, they'll unlock the secrets to a new headgear enchantment, the Crown of the Heavens.
- Please note: Initially this quest is not available on the PTR, but will be coming soon.
- Nalak, the Storm Lord
After the Isle of the Thunder King has been conquered, the gate guardian of the Thunder King's citadel will appear: Nalak, the Storm Lord. Players will frequently have the opportunity to test their mettle against him.
Buy The Farm
- Found in a place that has been lost in time, the great devilsaur lord Oondasta has been outfitted for battle with weaponry and armor by the Zandalari, and awaits players brave enough (or foolhardy enough) to seek him out on the mysterious Isle of Giants found in the seas north of Kun-Lai Summit.
New World Boss System
- Players that have grown attached to working the land at Sunsong Ranch can now purchase the land from Contadino Yoon. Once the farm is owned by a player, it becomes a rest point like an Inn, where the player can bind and instantly log out. Work orders will pour in to the farm from factions across Pandaria, and completing a work orders will earn a reputation boost with the issuing faction.
- Please note: The new Sunsong Ranch features are not available on the PTR, but will be coming soon.
- All world bosses are now Tap to Faction. This new system offers every eligible player of the same faction that engages a boss the chance to earn loot. Under the new system, players will only be able to earn loot from each world boss once per week, but bonus rolls apply. Bosses will now respawn more frequently as well.
- Ciclone now has a 30 second cooldown for Feral Druidos. In addition, it will now share diminishing returns with Banish, Seduction, Bind Elemental, Hex, Freezing Trap, Wyvern Sting, Gouge, Sap, Hibernate, Paralysis, Polymorph, Ring of Frost, Repentance, and Quaking Palm.
Shattering Blow now has a 1.5 second cast time to align correctly with the Warrior version of this ability.
has been redesigned. It now triggers Cat Form and grants 50% increased movement speed for 4 seconds after teleporting, and no longer activates Prowl. Protezione Cenariana
now grants 100% increased healing. Rigenerazione Furiosa
now scales 10% more efficiently with attack power. Unghie e Denti
now scales 10% more efficiently with attack power.
now provides 20% more armor per Mastery rating. Rinvigorimento
now costs approximately 9% less mana.
now cost 55% less mana.
can now snare more than one target at a time. Intrappolamento di Massa
now has a 30 second cooldown (was 2 minutes). Tifone
now has a 30 second cooldown (was 20 seconds).
The Treants summoned by
now deal more damage and healing, and the
tooltip will report the capabilities of these summoned pets. Anima della Foresta
Veglia della Natura
- Balance: Now generates 40 Lunar or Solar energy upon leaving Eclipse.
- Feral: Unchanged.
- Guardian: Generates 3 additional Rage per Mangle.
- Restoration: Now grants 70% Haste on the next spell cast after the Druido casts Guarigione Immediata.
now has a 90 second cooldown (was 3 minutes), and now increases damage and healing done by 10% (was 20%). Cacciatore
- Ira Bestiale may now be activated when there is no line of sight to the Hunter's pet.
- now has a 24 second cooldown (was 20).
- Tiro Vincolante no longer has a Focus cost.
- Morso della Viverna no longer has a Focus cost, and its cooldown is now 45 seconds (was 60 seconds).
- Glyph of Marked for Death has been removed, and its effects are now baseline.
- New Glyph: Glifo Carbonizzato. This glyph now causes Disengage to heal the Hunter for 5% of maximum health when used.
- now removes Evocazione's cooldown and reduces its channeling time and duration by 50%. A completed Evocazione now grants 15% increased damage (was 25%) for 1 minute (was 40 seconds) after an Evocazione is completed. Passive mana regeneration is reduced by 50% only while Invoker's Energy is active.
- Greater invisibility now has a 90 second cooldown (was 2.5 minutes).
- cast by Mirror Images now deals 50% more damage.
- Improved Counterspell has been removed.
- Glyph of Fire Blast has been replaced with Glyph of Inferno Blast. Glyph of Inferno Blast causes damage over time effects spread by Inferno Blast to spread to 1 additional target.
- Velocità Fiammeggiante can now be triggered at will.
- now heals the Mage for 15% of maximum health when used (was 30%).
- Cuore di Ghiaccio now has a 45 second cooldown (was 1 minute).
- Bruciatura now costs 3.5% of base mana (was 0.1%).
Detonazione Arcana's mana cost has been increased to 1.66667% of base mana (was 1.5%).
- now deals 24% more damage, but its debuff no longer increases subsequent damage.
- Water Elemental
Freeze no longer does damage, and only provides Fingers of Frost on a successful freeze.
- New Level 60 Talent: Circolo di Pace
Circolo di Pace forms a 8 yard sanctuary around the target for 8 seconds, causing all enemies in the area of effect to be silenced and disarmed.
New Windwalker and Brewmaster ability added at level 30:
removes all stun, fear, and root effects, and reduces the duration of those effects if they are re-applied by 60% for 6 seconds. It has a 2 minute cooldown. Ondata del Chi
now does 100% more damage and healing, and no longer costs Chi, but now has a 15 second cooldown. Impulso Zen
now has a limit of 2 (was 1), now detonates when either the recipient reaches 35% health or the Impulso Zen
is dispelled, and no longer costs Chi. Scarica del Chi
now does 100% more damage and healing, no longer costs Chi, and now has a 30 second cooldown.
Path of Blossoms has been removed.
Deadly Reach has been removed. Paralisi
is now a physical, non-magical effect, and can no longer be dispelled, grounded or reflected, and its base range has been increased to 20 yards. Brama della Tigre
and Tocco del Karma
no longer have a Chi cost. Brama della Tigre
can no longer be used on targets that have other temporary speed increases active.
now has a 30 second cooldown (was 60 seconds).
DDiminuzione del Dolore
can now be used while stunned, and its cooldown will now begin when used, not when the effect ends.
Healing Elixirs now heals the Monaco
for 15% of maximum health (was 10%). Dardo del Chi
now deals 15% more damage.
s now have a duration of 1 minute. Healing Spheres generated by Maestria: Folata di Venti
now have a duration of 30 seconds.
- Bozzolo di Vita can no longer be dispelled.
- Concentrazione Zen, the 4-piece Mistweave set bonus, is now more responsive.
- It is no longer possible to use Tè della Concentrazione del Tuono while silenced.
- s will now heal for 50% of their original value if they expire without being picked up. This healing will factor in relevant Mastery.
- Xuen will now fixate on the Monaco's original target.
- New Level 75 Ability: Tempesta, Terra e Fuoco
The Windwalker can summon up to two elemental duplicates that mirror damaging abilities that the Monaco uses while they are active. For each spirit summoned, the Monaco's damage is reduced: 1 spirit causes the Monaco and the spirit to deal 60% of the Monaco's normal damage, while 2 spirits will cause the Monaco and both active spirits to deal 40% of the Monaco's normal damage. Each spirit lasts until the ability is canceled, or that spirit's target dies or otherwise becomes unavailable.
Combo Breaker is now a passive ability granted at level 15 that grants a 12% chance to make the Monaco
's next Calcio dell'Oscuramento
or Tiger Palm cost no Chi.
New mastery: Maestria: Sequenza Combo
-- Increases the damage bonus provided by
by .2% per Mastery per stack.
now increases damage by 1% per stack (was 2%), but is now improved by Bottled Fury.
now gains 1 charge after spending 2 Chi (was 4 Chi).
will now stack to 20, but only 10 charges can be consumed per activation.
A user interface alert now displays upon reaching 10 stacks of
Sacerdote Controllo Mentale
- now reduces all incoming damage by 10% in addition to its other effects.
- 's periodic heal now provides 100% more healing when self-cast.
- Judgment now costs 5% of base mana.
The base damage of Consacrazione has been increased by 789%, and it now scales less efficiently with attack power by approximately 11%.
now has a 1.8 second cast time (was 2.5 seconds). Piuma Angelica
now has a 6 second duration (was 4 seconds). Anima e Corpo
now has a 3 second duration (was 4 seconds). Glifo Carbonizzato
has been redesigned. It now increases the range of Fuoco Sacro
, and Parola del Potere: Conforto
by 10 yards.
- Volontà Focalizzata now reduces damage taken by 15% per stack, with a limit of 2 stacks.
- Involucro Spirituale no longer benefits from Mastery, and now properly includes the benefits of Divine Aegis and critical effect chance.
- Estasi now provides mana equal to 250% (was 200%) of the Priest's Spirit, but no longer benefits from Spirit provided by short duration bonuses.
- is now a baseline ability learned at level 68.
- Versatility has been removed.
- New Level 90 Talent: Marchio della Morte
Marks a target and instantly generates 5 combo points. When that target dies, Marchio della Morte's cooldown is reset. This talent has a 1 minute cooldown.
New Level 60 Talent: Cloak and Dagger
Scarica di Velocità
- Imboscata, Garrote, and Cheap Shot now have a 30 yard range, and will cause the Ladro to teleport behind the target.
now costs 30 Energy (was 50 Energy), can be used in Stealth, and always grants increased movement speed in addition to breaking snare effects, but no longer breaks root effects. Lancio dello Shuriken
now causes the Rogue to throw shuriken instead of autoattacking for 10 seconds after Lancio dello Shuriken
is used. Lancio Mortale
can now interrupt spellcasting when used at 3, 4, and 5 combo points, and upon interrupt prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 4, 5 and 6 seconds respectively (was 5 combo points and 6 seconds). Assalto Nevralgico
now reduces the effectiveness of healing provided by the target by 25%. Concentrazione dell'Ombra
now reduces ability energy costs by 75% while stealthed (was 100%).
PvP set bonuses have been changed:
- Vigore is now the 4 piece set bonus and increases maximum energy by 50 (was 10).
- Miscela Letale is now the 2 piece set bonus, and its effects remain unchanged.
- now increases the damage the target takes by 20% (was 16%).
- The Felhunter ability Blocca Incantesimo is now an interrupt, and no longer applies a 3 second blanket silence.
- has been redesigned. This ability is now cast on the Stregone, and causes melee attacks that strike within the next 60 seconds to fear the attacker. When cast, the ability has 1 charge, costs 20% health to activate, and has a 30 second cooldown.
- Salasso delle Anime now provides an absorption shield instead of healing.
- Patto Oscuro now requires the pet to sacrifice 25% of its health to activate (was 50%).
- is now a passive talent, and its activated ability has been removed.
- The passive damage from no longer has a visual effect.
- Rito del Sacrificio now increases the damage of abilities by 20% (was 25%) for Destruction, and 45% (was 50%) for Affliction.
- Rito del Sacrificio now provides the spell Whiplash instead of Seduction when a Succubus is sacrificed.
- Glyph of Burning Embers has been removed, and its effects are now baseline for Destruction Stregones.
- Glyph of Soul Shards has been removed, and its effects are now baseline for Affliction Stregones.
- New Glyph: Glifo Carbonizzato. This glyph increases the healing gained from by 50%.
- New Glyph: Glifo Carbonizzato. This glyph increases the healing gained from by 30%.
- Onda d'Urto now has a 40 second cooldown (was 20 seconds), striking 3 or more targets will reduce its cooldown by 20 seconds.
- now causes a Warrior that has been reduced to 35% health or lower to regenerate 2% of their health per second (was 3%), and now generates 15 Rage over 10 seconds (was 20 Rage).
- Araldo della Guerra now reduces the target's movement by 50% for 15 seconds (8 seconds in PvP) in addition to its other effects.
- now scales approximately 10% less efficiently with attack power.
- Dardo della Tempesta now deals 125% weapon damage (was 100%).
- now costs 30 Rage (was 60).
- Glifo Carbonizzato no longer increases the damage dealt by Balzo Eroico.
has been redesigned. It now causes the Warrior to gain 2 stacks of Dominazione (maximum of 5 stacks) when Assalto Mortale deals damage or the target dodges, and no longer interacts with . It now requires level 20 (was level 50).
- Contusione now deals 220% weapon damage (was 190%).
- The base damage of Colpo di Scudo and Rivincita has been increased by 150%, but these abilities now scale approximately 10% less efficiently with attack power.
- Signore degli Elementi now has a 1 minute cooldown (was 2 minutes).
- is now available to Elemental Sciamanos as well as Enhancement Sciamanos.
- no longer requires that the target be within the area of effect of Pioggia Curativa.
- now increases spell haste by 5% and melee haste by 10% (was 5%/5%).
- Glifo Carbonizzato now adds a 6 second cooldown to Epurazione.
- Stone Bulwark Totem now absorbs 25% more damage.
- Flametongue now increases damage by 20% (was 30%), and Getto di Lava damage by 10% (was 0%).
- Primal Earth Elemental and Primal Fire Elemental now deal 20% more damage.
- now has a chance to increase the caster's Agility for Enhancement Sciamanos.
- Glifo Carbonizzato has been redesigned. This glyph now causes the Sciamano to heal for 50% of the damage dealt by .
- 's duration has been increased by 25%.
- Stregones can now undertake a solo adventure that culminates with the ability to change the color of their Fire spells to appear Fel green. The quest begins for those Stregones determined or fortunate enough to have laid their hands on the fabled Codice di Xerrath.
- Zandalari forces have begun scouting the shores of Pandaria, searching for the perfect invasion point. The Zandalari can be found in Giungla di Krasarang, Distese del Terrore, Steppe di Tong Long, Foresta di Giada, and Massiccio del Kun-Lai. Zandalari Scouts can be handled by 1 or 2 players, while elite Zandalari Warbringers will likely require a full party of 5 heroes. Defeat Warbringers to gain special drops, including crafting materials, reputation gains, an achievement, and even the chance to get one of three new rare mounts!
- Galeone now respawns much more frequently, but players can only receive loot from him once per week.
- Dire Horns have been added as a tameable species for Cacciatores that have learned the required skill. Aspiring Dire Horn owners should seek out clues regarding these auspicious beasts.
- Sovralimentazione now provides a 125% damage bonus (was 150%), and its cooldown is now 4 rounds (was 3).
- Cucciolo di Drago Fatato – Evanescenza and Detonazione Arcana have swapped ability positions.
- Scarafaggio Fatuo is now a real roach and can now survive the apocalypse.
- Benda per Mascotte da Combattimentos now stack to 25 and are Bind to Account.
- Battle-Stones now have a chance to be awarded from PVP Pet Battles.
- Pets whose color schemes change each time they are summoned have returned. Older pets with this behavior now have it back, as well as some newcomers.
- Pet levels will now only display on the map when pets are tracked.
- Taming the World now lists its reward correctly in the Achievements pane.
- Level capped players will now have a chance to each Talismano Inferiore Portafortuna after winning a pet battle versus a Pet within 5 levels of the highest level pet on their team. Higher level pets will offer a better chance to earn a Charm.
- Winning a pet battle versus a team within 5 levels of the player's highest level pet will now award player experience.
- Fleeing a pet battle will no longer despawn the pet that was being battled, but doing so will now inflict some damage on the fleeing pet battle team.
- Disconnecting from a pet battle will once again respawn the pets you were fighting.
- Any pet that has been killed in a pet battle will now never respawn.
- A number of new pets can be found on the Isle of Lightning, including Rare spawn drops, wild pets, and raid boss drops.
- Elite Battle Pets have been added to the game world. These rare pets will spawn alone against an entire team. A new quest has been added to track progress as these new pets are hunted down, and defeating that quest will award the new Panda Rosso pet.
- Please note: Many of these changes have not yet come to the PTR, but will be available soon.
Items Sunsong Ranch
- PvP trinkets that clear loss of control effects will now also clear these effects from the player's pet as well.
- Seed bags have been added, that allow planting of crops 4 plots at a time.
- Yoon's Mailbox has been renamed to Sunsong Ranch Mailbox.
- The yield from special crops has been improved to make farming them competitive with gathering these items out in the world.
- Running the Super Aratro across underground Virmen will cause them to pop out of the ground at 30% health and stunned.
- Wild Crops will now occur less often.
It is no longer possible for a weaker application of to overwrite a stronger one.
- It is no longer possible to refresh Inquisizione to a lower duration.
- The cooldown of Cauterizzazione will now properly reset upon entering an Arena.