Warlords of Draenor launched on November 13th, 2014 - mere days after BlizzCon. At launch, players could level to 100, develop their Garrison, and gear up for Altomaglio
- There were two initial leveling zones: Landa di Fuocogelo and Valle di Torvaluna. Horde and Alliance each had a zone.
- Leveling stories focused on the rise of the Iron Horde under the influence of Garrosh and Gul'dan. Players familiar with past expansions enjoyed the alternate reality where Shadowmoon Valley was beautiful, the Draenei had a flourishing culture, and Thrall fought by his father, Durotan.
- Building upon the success of cinematics like Wrathgate, the cinematic team developed cinematics for key story moments in every zone.
- Launch dungeons included Auchindoun, which looks radically different from the Burning Crusade version, Treno Frecciacupa, which was a unique encounter on a train, and a revamp of Bastioni di Roccianera Superiori.
- Soon after launch, WoW celebrated its 10 year anniversary with an elaborate event including max-level Nucleo Ardente.
- Warlords introduced rare spawns that dropped mounts in many zones, such as Protogronn Mantosolare.
- At launch, Warlords introduced new character models, the continent Draenor, the Garrison system, and the Toy Box.
- The Warlords Collector's Edition came with Redini del Corvo del Terrore, Cucciolo del Terrore, a level boost, art book, behind-the-scenes DVD, soundtrack, and more. There were also items for other Blizzard games, such as a Warsong pennant in Diablo.